Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bridger's First Day


It's off to pre-school for Bridger! He is going to Newcastle School Tues/Thurs. This pic was taken right before we were about to get in the car. There is a funny story that I have to document. That morning, I of course made him wear some of his "nicer" clothes as opposed to the t-shirt and sweat shorts I usually let him wear on lazy summer days, he was not happy about this but he wore the clothes that I asked him to because I told him that he looked like his uncle Spencer...that trick works every time:)Well, right after this pic was taken, we went toward the garage to get into the car, on the way to the car Bridger noticed some clothes in his school bag. (The teachers asked if we could pack a change of clothes in their bag in case of a potty accident or something. ) Bridger asked "Why are my Monster Truck clothes in my bag?" ("Monster Truck Clothes" is what he has named this particular outfit.) I told him why I packed the extra clothes..."in case you accidentally pee your pants or something..." Bridger then replies "uh-oh, I think I'm gonna pee my pants..." I say "Don't you DARE! If you need to go potty, go inside right now and go, do you need to go potty?" Bridger says "no." I get my seat belt buckled, and put the car in reverse and I hear..."uh-oh" I look back (with one of my eyes shut, because I knew what I was about to see but didn't know how I would handle it) And sure enough...a wet patch right in the front of his shorts. Bridger says, "I guess I have to wear my Monster Truck Clothes now..." Needless to say, I had a quick and ugly temper tantrum, Bridger did not get to wear his Monster Truck Clothes but some other shorts he hated equally as much as the original ones, and despite ALL of that we made it to school on time and he had a GREAT day!


This is Bridger, right before he got out of the car for school. (Notice he is wearing different shorts here than in the first pic:)

My big boy Bridger is off!!!

No comments: