Friday, September 12, 2008

Hunting Adventures!!!

Well, for any of you who don't know...Rich LOVES hunting. He is the marketing director for Sportsmans Warehouse, and, because of his job he gets a lot of exciting opportunities to go hunting and fishing! This time I got to come with him on the trip. One of the TV shows that Sportsmans Warehouse sponsors is called "Gettin' Close" with Lee and Tiffany Lakosky. This happens to be my favorite hunting show of all the shows Rich watches! Lee and Tiffany are married and host the show together...they travel the country and hunt together and do their TV show...I think it sounds so fun! Anyway, "Gettin' Close" invited Rich and I to come hunt mule deer in Colorado, and film it for their next season of shows coming up. We were at the Triple J Ranch with Silver Spur Outfitters and we had the time of our lives! I seriously had so much fun on this trip, we were there for 6 days, Rich hunted, I didn't have a tag, but I got to sit in the blind with him and watch every evening as the fields filled up with deer! The deer that Rich shot, we had named Too Tall, because as you will see, he had very tall, narrow antlers. Rich spotted him one morning and was able to put a stalk on him and shot him at 35 yards with his bow., it was all on film and will be an awesome addition to one of the episodes of Gettin' Close. It was so exciting! Lee and Tiffany were so fun to be around, the guides, the outfitter and his family, were so fun too! It was also really nice to have some time to reconnect and relax with Rich! Thanks Amanda and Brooks and Mom and Dad for helping us with the kids...I know that was a lot to ask and we REALLY appreciate it! Here are some pics from the trip...

Look how happy we were! We had so much fun!

Here are some more pics of the sunsets!


This is Tiffany and I doing dishes!
Rich and I with Lee and Tiffany

Rich, "Too Tall" and the whole Gettin' Close crew!

This is Tom, he is a field producer for the show and filmed Rich all week, not to mention he took a ton of pictures for us too!

Rich with Lee and Tiffany

Me, Rich and "Too Tall"!

Way to go honey! Thanks for letting me be with you on such a memorable trip! Way to go with your 177 inch archery buck! I love you!

7 comments:

Rich said...

Honey, you are the greatest! I am glad that we were able to go on this trip together. I had a lot of fun! I am looking forward to New Zealand.

Kristin said...

oh man randy is gonna be so jealous when i show him this...you looked to pretty to be hunting! glad you had fun...

Mindy said...

Sweet buck! I was pumped for Rich when those pictures showed up in my email. And how fun that you got to go, too. I love the outdoors... of course, I generally look like a drowned rat when I am out there. You look like a runway model. I'm lucky I tricked Griff into marrying me. :)

Debbie said...

Super cute pictures... I am glad you had a good time!! Love you.

Mary Bentley Williams said...

This is the ultimate idea... you and Rich are TOTALLY going to do a show together some day. I love it. I have always pictured Rich eventually doing a show, but with YOU added to it.. TA-DA! Beautiful. Thanks for the advise, it really helped and I appreciate it. Can't wait to see you guys for Christmas. Have fun at the Halloween party without us! :( Keep sending the e-mails after Rich's hunts, we LOVE them.

Diana said...

How fun! I'm glad that you and Rich got to enjoy a hunting trip together! By the way I am very impressed with your hunting language!

Elise Maygren said...

You are so nice to go with Rich on this trip! He is a lucky Man!!