Monday, June 2, 2008

Cafe Rio Salad


OK... So I tried to make the Cafe Rio Pork Salad it tasted pretty close but there is something missing... I am going to share the recipe that I used with you and if anyone has any other recipes or suggestions LET ME KNOW!!!


Cafe Rio Pork

3-4 lb. pork roast

1 cup salsa

1 cup brown sugar

Put ingredients in a crock pot, cook on low for 8 hours... shred with fork when done.


Cilantro Lime Dressing

1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

3 Tbsp. Salsa Verde (green salsa)

1/8 tsp. Tabasco Sauce

1/2 bunch of cilantro with stems

medium garlic clove

3/4 cup mayonnaise

3/4 cup sour cream


Mix ingredients together in a blender. Add lime peel and juice to taste. It tastes best when made ahead and chilled several hours. Thin with buttermilk if needed.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks yummy!!! Anytime you want to make it for me I will let you know what I think... j/k!! I need to try it! Better yet lets go to Cafe Rio and have lunch?

Tya Lynn said...

hey brooke its tya- I made that salad once, the recipe was a little different but I added 1/4 cup of lemon juice and a tsp-tsp & 1/2 of cayenne pepper. It may be just what your looking for! :)

Andrea Coles said...

My mom found a really good recipe for the pork that she claims is spot-on. I know for a fact though that they make the pork with Coke. So I'll email you the recipe once I get it from her and maybe that will account for the "something missing."

Katie said...

I haven't had it, but have heard great things about it! I'll have to try it next time I'm in Utah. BTW, Happy Birthday today Brooke!Love you!

Tya Lynn said...

hey brooke- happy birthday. hope you had a good one.

Dan and Liz said...

This is a good recipe!

Oh and happy belated b-day, I hope it was so fun! I swear one of these days we will get together w/ Sally and Steph!

Liz

Catherine said...

How's it going, Brooke?

Richard Ethington here. Andrea is absolutely right about the Pork. . . it needs to marinate in Coke (or Diet if you're into that kind of thing. . .) I can't believe you've been married for eight years!!! My wife and I will celebrate three years next week. :) Thanks for saying hello!

Ricardo