Well, today I had one of those surprises that I have come to expect from having kids. Many of the parents (mostly moms) reading this I'm sure, have had to clean poop out of the bathtub...it is just one of those inevitable adventures of parenthood (anyone reading this with kids that never pooped in the tub...you just got lucky). I have cleaned poop out of the bathtub too many times, even once would be too many times. But today was the worst poop/bathtub experience I have had to clean up thus far so I had to document it.
I came home from dropping Bailey off at pre-school and threw Bridger in the tub in my bathroom. My computer is in my room right next to the bathroom, I ran out of the bathroom to check my e-mail and no more than 5 minutes later I walked back into the bathroom and was amazed to find Bridger finger painting in the tub...with his POOP! As I stood there paralyzed by the thought of disinfecting Bridger, the toys, the tub, the walls, and the floor, I had time to determine a hypothesis for how this all came about: turns out that Bridger must have felt like he needed to go, so he went just a little bit, then, he must have recalled the fit I threw last time he pooped in the tub and thought well maybe I should get out, which he then did and proceeded to poop on the tile floor (and a little on the rug too). He then got back into the bath and proceeded to "paint".
I realize I only have myself to blame for not being in there to intervene sooner, but oh well. Thank heavens for Clorox and Lysol...those were my two best friends today.
-I thought about taking a picture of the crime scene before I cleaned it up...but I am pretty sure the discription alone has left many of you nauseated, so I refrained from grabbing my camera, you can thank me later. :)
7 comments:
His poop stories make me laugh.
Honey, I'm grateful that I wasn't home for this one! Thanks for rolling up your sleeves. Love ya!
Been there! But I was in the tub too... the memory gives me shivers. I loved the pics from Christmas and from Disney Land. I can't wait for Kaite and Liza to be old enough to appreciate it. So good to see you guys. We only wish we'd been able to stay longer. By the way: I have successfully done my curly look many times and am going upstairs to do it again right after I finish. My hair's reputation owes you everything!
Wow... you poor, poor thing!
Hee hee! I'm sorry Brooke! I have yet to have a poop experience but I'm sure that they are just around the corner! Hug those kids for me! I miss you and want to get together whenever you can!
Gross!! Just kidding, I've scrubbed the tub of poop remains many a time in the last few years. This will be funny for Bridger to read when he's older:) So how are you guys? Feels like we haven't seen you in forever...we'll have to hang out soon!
I am actually laughing out loud right now. I have not had that experience yet. Isn't it gross what us mom's have to just roll up our sleeves and dig in to? You poor thing. I would have died!
Post a Comment