We had a wonderful Christmas! We went to Rich's parents house this year and decorated Christmas sugar cookies mmmmm! We had the kids dress up and act out a shortened version of the nativity story! It was really cute...Bailey and Bridger were Mary and Joseph. Bailey took it really seriously but Bridger was a bit of an uninvolved father...oh well.:) What a merry Christmas we had! (Sorry a lot of my pictures are blurry I seriously HATE my camera!)
The cousins singing Silent Night!
Bailey with the cookies for Santa and the carrots for his reindeer!

____________________________________________________________________
Bailey with the cookies for Santa and the carrots for his reindeer!
____________________________________________________________________
Then on New Years Eve we headed off to Disney Land! We had some airline ticket credits that needed to be used and I found a great deal on a 3 day 4 night Disney/ Hotel package from Getaway Today! So...off we were! I will tell the story as I go with the video clips and pictures helping to illustrate! Bailey was SO excited she practically slept with her suitcase the night before.
In this picture, Bailey had just woken up and pulled her suitcase out of her room into the living room where I found her sitting on it and looking at the picture of Snow White playing with some little girls at Disney Land that was on Getaway Today Information packet that we got in the mail. I looked at her and knew she was imagining herself there and I had to take her picture!
We were so excited...spirits were high....Disney Land here we come!....eventually.....we'll get there ...I promise
The video clip here is the next day...notice Bailey and Bridger are still wearing the same clothes hmmm that's strange...
So we finally got our clothes changed and waited for the shuttle to take us into the park, then we waited in the security line at the park,then we waited for an hour to get our tickets, then we waited for 1/2 hour to get our strollers, then we waited to go on some rides!!! YEA! (I'm just kidding, we actually were really excited in spite of all the long lines. We pretty much expected it, I mean we were at Disney Land on New Years Day...HELLO?!)
This is Bailey while we were waiting to pick up our tickets
Bailey and Bridger comin' down the track' comin' down the track' with a smokey stack! Rich and I were chanting "We think we can...We think we can..."

This is Bailey's.."I'm sick of waiting in lines" face "

This is Bailey's.."I'm sick of waiting in lines" face "

Bailey and I had so much fun in the Princess Land (I don't remember the real name of it)
Bailey got her face painted with a sparkly butterfly and listened to a story from Snow White, she felt like a real princess!


Oh don't worry about Rich and Bridger, they managed to find some swords and shields in the Princess Shop!
My 2 Princes!

We went to Toon Town and saw all the Character's houses. Bridger LOVES Donald Duck and wanted to see him SO bad. There was this little speaker in this Donald mouth in Donald's boat house that played recordings of a grumpy Donald working on something in his boat. Bridger was convinced that Donald was going to come out of that speaker and he would NOT leave, he seriously stood there for 30 min. waiting for Donald...sadly Donald never came and we never even saw Donald the whole time we were there BOO HOO.


This was one of the highlights of the trip for me. We waited in line for about 1 hour to see Mickey. They finally let us into this room where Mickey was and the worker was trying to hurry people through to get their picture taken and move on. From the moment we walked in Bridger just kept saying "hi Mickey...hi Mickey...hi Mickey...etc." finally it was our turn and Bridger just kept on staring at Mickey and kissing his nose, holding Mickey's face and staring at him. It took a long time to get Bridger to look away from Mickey and look at the camera for this picture. Bridger gave Mickey a hug and the worker said "OK time for the next people in line.." but Mickey just kept on hugging Bridger, he let go for a second, Bridger was still staring at Mickey's face, Mickey grabbed Bridger again and gave him another long hug. It was so sweet. As we walked away Bridger just kept saying"bye Mickey...bye Mickey...bye Mickey". Mickey was already taking the picture with the next people in line but his hand was still waving to Bridger as we walked out.
My 2 Princes!
We went to Toon Town and saw all the Character's houses. Bridger LOVES Donald Duck and wanted to see him SO bad. There was this little speaker in this Donald mouth in Donald's boat house that played recordings of a grumpy Donald working on something in his boat. Bridger was convinced that Donald was going to come out of that speaker and he would NOT leave, he seriously stood there for 30 min. waiting for Donald...sadly Donald never came and we never even saw Donald the whole time we were there BOO HOO.

This was one of the highlights of the trip for me. We waited in line for about 1 hour to see Mickey. They finally let us into this room where Mickey was and the worker was trying to hurry people through to get their picture taken and move on. From the moment we walked in Bridger just kept saying "hi Mickey...hi Mickey...hi Mickey...etc." finally it was our turn and Bridger just kept on staring at Mickey and kissing his nose, holding Mickey's face and staring at him. It took a long time to get Bridger to look away from Mickey and look at the camera for this picture. Bridger gave Mickey a hug and the worker said "OK time for the next people in line.." but Mickey just kept on hugging Bridger, he let go for a second, Bridger was still staring at Mickey's face, Mickey grabbed Bridger again and gave him another long hug. It was so sweet. As we walked away Bridger just kept saying"bye Mickey...bye Mickey...bye Mickey". Mickey was already taking the picture with the next people in line but his hand was still waving to Bridger as we walked out.
Does anyone want to ride Thunder Mountain? Well, here's your chance, yep I filmed the whole ride. I took the audio out to spare myself the embarrassment of everyone hearing my annoying scream. Warning: If you have just eaten...you may want to wait a while before watching this. It's hard enough to hold a camera still on a roller coaster but while your holding onto a 3 year old too, it's twice as hard! (Oh ya, Bailey was tall enough to ride Thunder Mountain and she rode it 3 times and loved it!)
How could we resist the beach? We drove to Newport our last morning before we went to the airport. What a beautiful day...no fog, big waves...to bad we couldn't have spent more time there!


What an awesome trip! I've decided...the kids probably won't even remember this trip but I will and that's enough to make it worth it. This was a trip I really will always cherish!
5 comments:
I love this post! I am so glad you took the kids to Newport! The pictures at the beach are to die for, especially the one of Bridger with the birds behind him. My most favorite is the one where you can see the back of their mickey/minne ears! So precious, LOVE it!!
Looks like SO much fun! Your holidays looked busy, busy!
Brooke-can you email me so I have your email addy? (the blog comments don't show it) I don't have it for some reason?
how fun...i didn't know you were going to disney...or maybe you told me and i'm dumb and forgot...but looks like you had a great time i'm jealous
We had so much fun. Our kids were loved this trip. Thanks for the memories that I will never forget.
I LOVE the beach! Those pictures made me want to go. It looks like you guys had so much fun at Disneyland, too. And the Christmas pictures were adorable, too.
Post a Comment